Hearty Spinach Pancakes
Hearty Spinach Pancakes are a delicious and nutritious breakfast option. They are made with fresh spinach, cherry tomatoes, cheese and eggs. The spinach provides a unique flavour and lots of vitamins, while cheese provides a nutritious texture. The eggs add protein and help to bind the ingredients together. These pancakes are full of flavour and nutrition, and they are a great way to start your day!
Serves: 2 | Preparation & Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Red Otter Farms Hearty Spinach
- 1 cup red & yellow Cherry Tomatoes, cut into half
- 3-4 Spring Onion, chopped
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup refined Wheat Flour
- 1 cup Milk
- 300 gm Cottage Cheese
- 1 Lemon
- 3-4 tablespoon extra virgin Olive Oil
- 1 ripe Avocado (optional)
- Handful of fresh Coriander leaves
- Salt & pepper, to taste
Preparing the topping:
- Toss the cherry tomatoes, spring onion & coriander in a bowl with olive oil, lemon, salt & pepper and put it aside
Preparing the batter:
- Crack the egg into a blender, add the flour, milk, spinach, salt & pepper and blend until smooth
- Place a non-stick frying pan on medium heat, rub the pan with a little bit of olive oil, then pour in a thin layer of the batter, swirling it up & around the edges.
- Cook on one side only for 2 min, or until lightly golden, then stack on a serving plate, and repeat the process to make more pancakes.
- Top each pancake with dollops of cottage cheese and topping. Serve!