Green Halloumi Salad
Serves: 8 | Preparation & Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Lettuce and mixed salad greens
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Handful of almonds, toasted
- 1 pack of halloumi cheese, cut into 4 pieces
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup almonds or pine nuts, toasted
- 1 lemon
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For pesto: Blend all the ingredients for the pesto in a food processor until smooth and check the consistency is good for drizzling.
Heat a non-stick pan and place the halloumi slices in it; cook till browned and slightly crisp, then flip and brown on the other side.
Toss the greens with cucumber, avocado and almonds, then assemble on a large serving platter. Arrange the halloumi on top of the greens, drizzle the pesto. Squeeze some lemon and drizzle some more olive oil, if required. Serve while the halloumi is warm.